Whether it’s the warm, sunny days of summer or the cold, chilly atmosphere during winter, fruits can be mouth-watering. The green, yellow, orange and other colors make good decorations on the dining table, but they must not just be left there still. You have to get your knife, peel them off, and make delicious snacks.
Several vitamins and minerals are absorbed in fruits. The truth of the matter is, most of them have high alkaline. They are not only delicious and refreshing, but also nutritious. Another interesting fact about fruits is that you can make lots of recipes that you can serve for any occasion. Although they are instantly eaten raw, fruits can be used as ingredients of many recipes. Here are some of the easy, quick and nutritious recipes you can prepare for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduation, Valentine’s day, mother’s day, or no special occasion at all.
Image Source : Joyosity
Using fresh apples with some flaky crust, pie is definitely a good snack for everyone. This is one common homemade recipe any moms can make. Just prepare the following ingredients good for 4 to 6 people.
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
2-tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
8 cups baking apples (peeled and sliced)
1. Mix the following in a bowl: sliced apples, lemon juice, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Fill the pie pan with pastry, nicely and neatly.
3. Pour the apple mixture. Flatten it and coat with butter.
4. Place another crust/pastry (much thinner than the first) to make pie filling. Decorate it with strips of crust.
5. Coat the top with a blend of milk and egg yolk.
6. Bake for around 15 minutes at 425 F degrees, and another 40-45 minutes but at lower temperature (350 F degrees recommended).
Once the crust is golden and the pie filling is somewhat bubble, it is ready to serve.
Image Source : Nikki L.
Kids and teens, even adults, love smoothie! If you can combine fruits, berries are the best picks. You can have strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in one. They may high level of antioxidants, and provide vitamins C and E. This recipe makes it a good alkaline snack.
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup milk
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup ice cubes
1. Blend the berry fruits and banana, along with milk, yogurt and ice.
2. Pour the smoothie in cute cups, and serve.
You can also mix these berries with other fruits such as watermelon, orange, grapefruit, mango, and avocado.
Mango Float with Graham Crackers or Crumbs
Image Source : Jametiks
Healthy and refreshing mango float is a go for any special event. This is not only quick to make but also easy to do (even your children can prepare them).
2-3 mangoes (sliced)
Graham crackers or crumbs
all purpose cream
1. Mix condensed milk and cream. Put in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. After which, mix it again using an electric mixer.
2. Slice mangoes into desired shapes and sizes.
3. Place a layer of Graham crackers or crumbs at the bottom of a tray.
4. Coat with milk and cream mixture.
5. Top with sliced mangoes.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 until the desired thickness. Add the last layer of cream and milk mixture,
7. Cover with Graham crackers or crumbs and some slices of mangoes.
8. Chill and serve once it is cold.
You can make any of these snacks everyday just to ensure you get the right nutrition, which your body needs. Within an hour or less, anybody can prepare healthy snacks with these alkaline fruit recipes. Even young children can make them, since there is no need to use knife, except when fruits must be sliced and peeled, which the parents or any older people should do. Preparing these recipes is certainly an exciting experience. It does not matter whether you are going to serve for a small or a large group of people, because it only requires you several minutes to do so. Now, you may start planning your menu and hit the grocery store to get some fruits. For More tips and suggestion about fruit recipes, Please Visit our website by Clicking Here.